this is by far the worst PHONE i have ever used. sure it will surf the internet just fine and if you are a teenybopper facebook addict you will love this "phone". but if you actually need a phone, walk away from this POS. if you need a miniature laptop then get an ipad.
top ten why you should not buy this piece of crap.
1. email barely works unless of course you use gmail. i do not need gmail, will never use gmail and google can go phuck themselves for trying to force people to use their marketing and personal information sharing email. if you have more than 1 POP account then email does not work at ALL. what a joke.
2. cannot use the phone when the charger is plugged in. WTF? this alone is a reason to throw this phone away. imagine one needs to call 911 and the phone battery is dead, (which it nearly always is) so one plugs it in but cannot access the phone or ANYTHING else.
3. battery life sucks. imagine having to charge your cell phone 3 times a day. enuff said. now read reason 2 again.
4. cannot sync with outlook. trying to understand how the clowns at google came up with this brilliant concept. uhh, let's see, which email platform is the most widely used in the world. is it outlook? why yes. ok let's make sure we do not work with that platform. you see, users are sheep, if we force them, they will gladly just all move their accounts, addresses, calenders and personal information over to gmail and we can then use all their personal information for free. this will make us rich. phuk you google.
5. plugging the charger in causes random applications to self-execute. hard to believe but yes this POS will randomly execute apps, it will open a browser and visit websites. it will open your email, contacts and messages. i accuse the android clowns of purposely programming in this type of "feature" so that they can remotely gather information when you would least expect it such as when it is charging because YOU cannot do ANYTHING with this phone when it is charging, yet the phone itself can? and it is always charging. another joke. well played google.
6. charging the battery takes two hours. this is about the longest the battery will last if you actually use the phone. how the hell can it take as long to charge the phone as it does to drain it? the physics are mind boggling.
7. camera. hey, let's put a 5 meg camera on this phone that'll bring in the sheep. oh, to save money we can just put a shitty lens on it. that's right dumbazzes, it does not matter how many pixels the CCD has, if the lens sucks the image will suck. I'll try to explain in terms that perhaps the samsung genius' can understand. put your hand in front of your face. can you see beyond it? no. that's because your hand is a shitty lens, just like the one you put in your phones.
8. keyboard. oh, great lets add a QWERTY, that'll make'em buy it. well that worked on me but the biggest joke. after two months of use i do not even use the keyboard anymore cuz its too damn long and the buttons are not domed and require ten pounds of force to push. i have extra large hands and even for me its a long reach across the keyboard. samsung, do yourself a favor and buy a blackberry, reverse engineer the keyboard. this will save you time and money stop you from developing shitty interfaces.
9. apps run themselves. that right. kill all the apps. then 10 minutes later the GPS has turned itself back on, mediahub is on, amazon apps are running. hmm, wonder why that is? i'll tell you why its because the clowns at google are tracking you? see they make their money off of things you do. talk about big brother.
10. Does not work with Windows 7. let see how google came up with this design feature. hmm, what is the most popular operating system in the world? mac? nope. MS DOS? nope. Windows 7? why yes! excellent lets make sure the USB connection does not allow the users to access and files on the phone. see, this way they will have to replace windows 7 with our weak-azz android operating system. that will make us rich.
google is evil. they make Microsoft look like a prince. google is too big for its britches and has lost its way. here's something else you should know. try installing google chrome, you know that underfeatured browser that was gonna change the web. then use it and realize it was written by high school interns for a senior design project. you will immediatley want to uninstall it and go back to IE8 or firefox or? now what? clicking on links no longer works because google chrome has high jacked them? the only solution to reinstall google chrome. now that is evil.
as soon as sprint offers a windows phone i am going to dump this epic 4g POS and get a windows phone.
i hope i have saved you time and money.